Sunday, March 21, 2021

Sunny Stormy Weather - and several in between

Friday GPX Route-Path Tracking 

Saturday - Almost the Same 

We are still surviving without a petroleum - powered car.  I could mention we also don't have the use of an electric car, but those types of cars burn petroleum as well, since much of the electric power used to charge them comes from our wonderful electrical system, which in most areas is provided by natural gas, diesel, or coal powered generators.  You ask "What about Wind and Solar?"
Well, those are great sources of power too, but not at all reliable during darkness, storms, or windless times, and are invariably backed up or augmented by - Petroleum.  Don't get ME started, I'm low on gas myself.
SO, when our wonderful friends loan us a car or drive us somewhere, we can go further and haul more junk to and from home.  Without our gas-burner for over 2 weeks now, I find it necessary to pedal the trike around, oft-times with trailer towed behind, to pick up prescriptions, groceries, building materials, yada yada.
I'm beginning to wonder just a little bit if it's as much "fun" to HAVE to use the trike instead of the usual thinking up excuses to ride.
Whatever, as long as nobody runs over me, it's beneficial for this old bod to undergo such minor stresses.
Our spring weather has been rainy, windy, sunny, cold, and warm.  N-O-R-M-A-L.
Two days ago I rode to pick up some building materials, then later to pick up a prescription on the north end of town.
Yesterday, all I needed was to purchase a bag of potatoes for my marvelous wife-cook, and the desired grocery venue is only a couple blocks away.  Ten pounds of spuds is no big deal normally, but without the trike B.O.B. trailer it would be rather difficult to carry the stuff home.  I needed more exercise than a few blocks around the square, so I took the long way around town instead of  just going directly back home.

If this trailer can haul logs, it can do a 10 pound sack of spuds!

The B.O.B. trailer has a steel mesh floor.  I didn't want the taters to get too bumped and  bruised as I encountered our many potholes and pavement bumps, so I dug around in my saddle bags to see if I had anything that might absorb the shocks of street riding.  I found my woolen pullover face/skull cap used when the weather is REALLY bitter.  It turned out to have enough 'stretch' to surround the entire bag of spuds nicely, so I used my cargo strap and bungee cords to tie it down.
No problems encountered.  Got home safe and sound, Blood Glucose was 93.
Jacque didn't have to smack me for destroying any of the groceries.

And today our wonderful friends are loaning us their spare vehicle again for a day or two.   Life is GOOD.  Still praying for our mechanics' benefit as they labor to get OURS running again.  

Ride Started: 4:02 PM           Ride Ended: 4:58 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 57 F Highest Temp: 78 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  121   Ending BG: 93
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 4.72
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.9 MPH                              7.1 MPH            16.8 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 56  minutes                          40 minutes         18 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment