Saturday, April 2, 2022

The Wheels on the Trike go Round and Round

 Saturday GPS Tracks via APRS and Ham Radio

Another Day with Sunshine in the Neighborhood.  Much of the day was occupied with
LDS General Conference so I had a great excuse for being too lazy to get out in the lovely weather earlier.
I started out with the idea of doing another typical Big Box shopping trip - but after looking at the clock again I decided the vehicular traffic might be too heavy and pedaled off in another direction.  I had not previously ridden to the very west end of First Street so that was to be another adventure. 
I noticed rather early on there was a DEEP drop off going this direction.  Not knowing the length of this route, I stopped and took a closer look at my GPS.  Decided to keep going.
Of course, after overcoming THAT deep drop and steep climb, a few hundred yards later there appeared another deep one, even deeper.  It turned out to go right by the local Golf Course where several golfers were jumping into their motor - carts to drive to the next holes.  The road appeared to dead-end at S&S Recycling, but a sharp right turn got me out of their yard and on the Highway 60 frontage road.
A few hundred yards farther and I was on Bell Crossing Road, destination Airport.  Once there I took a short break and turned east on Wheeler Arch road for the last leg home.
As I passed a yard with several teens playing in their yard, I received a friendly wave from them.
As I rode further I thought surely I heard a "Hi, Brother Devenport!" from one of them.  Must have been some of the youngsters I've interacted with at Church.
Arrived home safe and sound.  Again.  As usual.

Ride Started: 5:25 PM           Ride Ended:  6:22 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.8   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp: 57 F Highest Temp: 78  F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  202   Ending BG: 180
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  5.68
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 6.8 MPH                          8.1 MPH           23.2 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
   50 minutes                     42 minutes       8 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment