Thursday, April 14, 2022

Whirling Wind Warnings & Lovely Weather

 Thursday Trike Travel Tracking 

Yesterday we were forecast some possibly nasty weather including possible tornado warnings.  It was super windy, dark, and cloudy most of the day, and we had neighbors who were going to join us in our basement should the city sirens go off, since they had no basement of their own.  Well, the weather was windy and awful all day but the wind did NOT attack us in whirly fashion.  Hurrah I say.  We have taken cover in our basement 2 or 3 times in the 3 years since we moved to Missouri, but so far all the twisters seem to either fade or change directions when they approach, which is just fine with us.
AND as the sun settled toward the West, it actually burned through the clouds and turned into a sunny  but cold evening, and I took the trike for a ride.  Of Course.
Evidently the AC power had blinked unnoticed sometime during the day, since my tracker didn't work.  Today, however, things worked fine (After I reset it).
We had a package to mail so I saddled up the trike for the very short ride to the Post Office about 3 blocks away across the train tracks.
We spent the day after noonish in Springfield for my appointment at the Podiatrist for my goofy feet.  He seemed to agree with me that my feet are not doing too bad and that I can keep applying ointment to them for another couple weeks.
By the time we got home and unloaded stuff from the carrito, it was 5:25 PM or so by the time I was ready to ride.  We had another prescription to retrieve from our Big Box store, which I almost always use for an excuse to ride.
An unusual event happened a few hundred yards before the Big Box parking lot:
A black sedan passed me and the obviously teen occupants hollered something to the effect of "Get Off The Road!"  Advice I'm not likely to bother with....

Evening Ride Started: 5:25 PM           Ride Ended:  7:00 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 14.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp: 60 F Highest Temp: 67 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  182   Ending BG: 67
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:   6.29
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.0 MPH                            6.6 MPH            24.5 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 33  mins                  58 minutes         35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment