Friday, August 26, 2011

Look, Ma, No Car!

impressive tracking this morning.
We're attending the Temple tonight after work so Jacque suggested I ride the bike all the way to work again, she'd pick me up after work, and we'd only have her vehicle to deal with coming home.  Since I didn't think of it first, it took me a couple hours to think it was a good idea.  My legs aren't in as good a shape as they were before I stopped riding for a week or two, and they've been talking to me just riding the 7-mile last-leg commutes these last several days.  So I worried about those killer uphills for the first 3 out of the 32-mile full trip to work.  But what the hey.  No pain, no gain, right?  RIGHT??  Still hoping for the solution that gets gain WITHOUT the pain, thank you.
But, as usual, I'm glad I did it..... once I get to work and cool off.  My legs are talking to me, of course, but it really supercharges me to get that lathered up.  Plus it makes for great tidbits during idle conversation, just casually mentioning I rode the bike 32 miles to work... ho hum.  ETC.
On the way across town I actually PASSED an eye-candy cyclist, and she had great legs.  Usually such folk pass ME like I'm backing up.  She almost certainly is a newbie to biking or not feeling well - for me to pass her and stay ahead of her.  Just goes to show you, old guys CAN pass people sometimes.  Most of the time the only thing I pass is gas.....

Awakening BG: 213            Post-Ride BG: 118

Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.5 Ending Voltage: 12.3
Morning Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles: 31.75
Overall average speed         Moving Avg       Max Speed
12.1. Mph                          12.7 mph            34.3 mph
Total Trip time                 Moving Time          Stopped Time
2 hours 36 mins               2 hours  29 mins     7 mins 29 secs

1 comment:

  1. Great picture Jim. I try to ride every weekend. I know it is not a lot but that is what I can do for now. Here is my bike blog http://nmbentblog.blogspot.com/2011_08_01_archive.html

    Thanks for inspiring me this summer.
    73,
    Mark/W5MHG

    ReplyDelete