Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday, Running REALLY Late

View my bike-breadcrumb track via APRS and GPS
Yesterday I skipped riding the bike since I drove Jacque's Ford Exploder and took the visiting in-laws, Bert and Carol Johnston, to catch their early morning flight for home in Illinois.  I dropped them off at the airport at 6:30-ish and was at work by 7:00 AM.  Got in a noon walk but no bike ride, which I sorely missed.  Even though the biking makes me hot and sweaty and tired, it leaves me feeling much more energetic and wakeful than on days when I don't do the 2-wheel commute.
This morning as I parked at my normal spot to change from carrito to bicycleta, my cell phone rang.  I saw it was Sarah Jo (my first of 3 lovely daughters) which meant she was approaching me from the nearby bus stop.  She had a bit of a worried look on her face and a weird faintly splotchy look and told me she'd had her medication changed and "If it makes me break out in a rash I'm supposed to go to the emergency room."   This wasn't quite a rash, just some small sprinkling of reddish specks, but since she also felt a bit odd we decided to take a ride to the nearest urgent care center.   It was 7:43 when we got there, so of course they weren't open yet.  We thought about trying another nearby urgent care center but decided they'd all be opening no earlier than 8: 00 AM so we waited until they opened and let us in.  After sitting around for an hour or so they gave her instructions to take some anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen and make an appointment with her neurologist for review of the new meds.  Thankfully it did not turn out to be an emergency after all.
I was alreay 'way late for work so I decided to do my normal bike ride, arriving at 11:30 AM instead of 8:30-ish.  That's a bit of comp time to make up or use vacation hours.....
Awakening BG:  103                           Post-Ride BG: 84
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.6         Ending Voltage: 12.5
Morning Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles: 7.44
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
10.2.  Mph                          11.0 mph             21.1 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
  43 mins 34 secs              40 mins 46 secs    2 mins 48 secs
Ride Home:   Great
Feeling of Movement and Speed:  Priceless
Didn't Turn the Camera On in Time to Catch a Cute Kid on a Bike:   BAH
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.5         Ending Voltage: 12.5
Evening Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles: 7.41
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
11.1.  Mph                          11.5 mph             23.2 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
  39 mins 59 secs              38 mins 50 secs    1 mins 09 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment