Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday. Warm Welcome To Work

Aprs/GPS bread crumb track link
Boy, was it balmy this morning.  I stopped by the local medical lab to get some blood drained so my doctor can come up with a laundry list of things I'm doing wrong in the next few days.  I shouldn't be so negative:  My doctor rarely is.
So I called in to warn I would be late for work.  Jacque's Exploder is still in repair, now seemingly needing a horribly expensive fuel pump.... Wait, I'm being needlessly redundant here.  "Fuel Pump" and "Expensive" are almost synonyms.  I shouldn't mention I'm old enough to remember when a fuel pump cost maybe 20 bucks and a couple hours' work to replace it..... Now, of course, they're all submerged in the fuel tank, which costs lots of labor to access, and the pumps themselves rarely cost less than a couple hundred dollars.  MINE, of course, will be in range of 400 to 700 bucks.  Parts, mind you.  Not including Labor.
Awakening BG: 216            Post-Ride BG:  113
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.5       Ending Voltage: 12.0   (NiCad AA battery pack, left the heavy Gel Cell behind)
Morning Stats from the GPS:        Total Miles:   07.90
Overall average speed         Moving Avg       Max Speed
7.8. Mph                            10.5 mph            24.7 mph
Total Trip time                 Moving Time          Stopped Time
1 hours 01 mins               45 mins 59 secs       16 mins 31 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment