Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wet and Wimped Out.

Well, the inaccuracy of the weather-guessers works both ways.  Today the forecast was "It's Stopped Raining here in Albuquerque, the storm has moved on to the east side of the state...."
So I drove in, thought snow and slush was caked all over the car and bike, assuming the warmer air down through Tijeras Canyon and Albuquerque would melt off and dry the bike.  That all happened as planned, but as I drove past Juan Tabo and Eubank I was a bit alarmed at how dark and drizzly the western skies looked.  I thought to myself that it would surely dry up by the time I got to my car/bike changeover point.  It was misting steadily  on my windshield as I turned into my secret hideaway parking lot and I bravely thought I'd saddle up and wouldn't mind a bit of mist because surely it would stop soon and I wouldn't get soaked.  As I stopped the car and started to get ready to pile out and unrack the bike, the mist got just a bit heavier.  My resolve and bravery faded....  Yeah, the weatherman said it was clearing up.  But it didn't LOOK like it was clearing up.  So I backed out of the parking lot and drove all the way to work.  BAH

No comments:

Post a Comment