Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Fourteen Miler

Friday Cross Town Track
I hitched another ride to town with Jacque this morning and cruised around on the bike while Jacque did her water aerobics.  Since I hadn't any breakfast yet, I first rode east to the Sonic on Eubank and purchased myself a chili cheese dog for breakfast, with extra onions.  Yummy.  Didn't pump any additional bolus insulin for it either.  Which must have been a pretty good guess since the blood glucose was 57 when I finished the ride.  I just rode Constitution west to Stanford, north to Indian School, until my clock informed me I only had a half hour left before Jacque completed her jumping-around-in-the-water exercise routines.  Then I turned on my voice-guidance GPS to get me back to Eubank in the fastest route.
Trouble is, the GPS didn't seem know about the adjacent bicycle path even though it was in "bicycle mode".  I was following its directions when I noticed an entry to a bike path I'd not known about before.  Turns out there is a large narrow park adjacent to the I-40 retaining wall that goes from San Pedro almost to Louisiana.... maybe all the way there.  I was on my way across the I-40 bike bridge when Jacque called and said I could meet her at the Wal-Mart parking lot.  When I arrived I just barely got the bike unloaded and mounted on the Exploder's bike rack when she came sauntering out of Wally World.  Very good timing and I got in 14 miles today.  Cool.

Morning Pre-Ride BG:    149                   Post-Ride BG:  57   
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7                Ending Voltage: 12.5
Start-Ride Temperature:  44 degrees F                 Arrival Temperature: 59 F
Morning Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 14.27
Overall average speed                    Moving Avg                       Max Speed
06.9 Mph                                         9.1 mph                             21.0 mph
Total Trip time                               Moving Time                      Stopped Time
2 hours 4 mins                                1 hour 33 mins                  30 mins 24 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment