Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hey, I Actually Passed Somebody

Thursday Track via APRS / GPS

.... And it wasn't an old lady in a wheelchair, either, or even a passed-out drunk.
OK, yeah, it WAS a female, on a bike, and she was younger than I.  O'Course, EVERYBODY is younger than I am.  She was probably like me, a bit stiff and slow  from just starting to ride again after the holidays.
My Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) battery is getting low and I forgot to charge it last night, so I started to connect to my smaller-capacity AA NiMH backup pack - I was shocked to find the battery cable and connector had disappeared.  Probably snagged on something or vibrated itself to death banging around in my pannier on the back of the bike.  Nothing lasts forever on a bike, including me, unfortunately.  I carry such spare parts around with me, being an electronics geek and all, so I was able to construct another cable and PowerPole connector for it during my noon hour, before my 2-mile noon constitutional walk..
I haven't gotten any decent videos lately from my mini-cam, even on the days when I remember to stick it into my glove and turn it on.  Very awkward dealing with anything like that with big ski mittens on:  I can barely grip the handlebars and twist shifters.  So when my co-worker Bert asked if he could borrow the silly mini-cam to try skydiving with it, I said sure, why not.  Surely screaming towards the earth after jumping out of a perfectly good airplane will result in a more interesting video than just wobbling along on a paved bicycle path at 8 miles per hour.  If Bert lives through his jumps and brings any video back I'll be sure to post some of it.
Pre-Ride BG:  106   --  BG when arrived at Work: 66
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.2                Ending Voltage: 12.2
Beginning Temperature: 30 F  (in ABQ)     Ending Temperature: 40 F
Morning Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 7.41
Overall average speed                    Moving Avg                       Max Speed
9.8 Mph                                         10.8 mph                             19.9 mph
Total Time    45:00 mins      Moving Time 40:59 mins        Stopped Time:  4:01 

No comments:

Post a Comment