Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Stretching Wimpy Legs

Wednesday APRS/GPS track
Today I was running later than normal.  I don't enjoy getting to work 10-15 minutes late, so I need to get with the program in the mornings.... or start getting up a half hour earlier like I did when daylight savings time expired.
(Sigh) - I like my warm snuggly bed, especially so at the time the alarm goes off and unceremoniously forces me out of bed at 5:15 AM.  I can rarely get to bed earlier than 10 or 10:40 PM, which makes for a short night's nap.  Thus the reluctance to get up at, say, 4:30 or 4:40 AM in order to get off to work even earlier.
The morning temperatures have warmed up since the frigid Christmas holidays, but it still feels COLD out thar.
Once I get a mile or tow into my 7-mile commute I warm up a bit, but then the armpits start to get overheated, then moist, then cold as the wind creeps in.  Part of me is overheated and part of me never gets truly warm.
I wear my ski mask to keep my face from freezing even uglier, and there I really get hot toward the last part of the ride and have to rip it off and carry it flapping in the breeze the last mile or two.

 Pre-Ride BG:  166   --  BG when arrived at Work: 103
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.5                Ending Voltage: 12.4
Beginning Temperature: 41 F  (in ABQ)     Ending Temperature: 51 F
Morning Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 7.39
Overall average speed                    Moving Avg                       Max Speed
9.8 Mph                                         10.8 mph                             19.9 mph
Total Time    45:00 mins      Moving Time 40:59 mins        Stopped Time:  4:01

No comments:

Post a Comment