Monday, August 27, 2012

BMMR (Boring Monday Mail Run)

Today's APRS Tracking
I really wasn't in the mood to ride the bike today for some reason but I hate to miss a day because it affects my outlook, blood sugar, etc, SO much.  I decided, again, that I'd at least ride to the post office and back, which is a short but blood pumping ride.
Trouble is, it was well after noon before I got saddled up and took off.   My helmet mike / earpiece harness is still boogered, so I rode without it, relying solely on an old droopy external speaker/microphone to allow me to actually talk on the radio instead of just listening.  It's hard enough to hear or understand the radio chatter (at speed with wind whistling by my ears) even with the helmet earpiece working, and nigh unto impossible with just the speaker/microphone.  Maybe I'll make time to get that harness fixed today so I can start using it again.
My wobbly chain has not given me any trouble recently and I have done no maintenance in order to deserve such a blessing.  I need to buy another 3 standard chains so I can be ready when this one gets too sloppy, which shouldn't take much longer.
Beginning Battery Voltage:  12.8   Ending Voltage:  13.1 (I REALLY don't understand this battery behavior)
Lowest Temp  81 F      Highest Temp:  86 F
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:     5.56
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
6.1 MPH                                 8.1 MPH                    24.4 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
55  mins                                41 mins                     13 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment