Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday Shakedown

Today's Thursday APRS Track-Link
I've been doing without my helmet audio-harness the last several days.  The wiring had developed intermittent connections from the vibration and shock of  bouncing on the bike trips of the last couple of years.
I'd planned to at least ride to the PO and back, but got off late due to my efforts to repair the wiring harness for my cycling helmet.  I finally got it working after several false starts due to cross-wiring.  By then Jacque had already made a run to the store in her SUV and picked up the mail on her own.  So I just rode up to the Shell Station at the triangle intersection and ate a yummy ice cream sandwich.  As I arrived at the station I was suddenly stung - sharply - by some unseen insect, it seemed.  I flailed at the sore spot on my back, hopefully crushing the attacking beast, and went inside for my treat.  When I finished the ice cream and approached the bathroom I was attacked again, and as soon as I got inside the bathroom I ripped my outer shirt off one shoulder and spotted the offending insect.... BETWEEN my outer shirt and undershirt, and biting THROUGH the fabric of my undershirt.  It was a winged ant, and I say "Was" because I terminated it immediately and washed it down the sink drain for good measure.
The trip home - as usual - was mostly downhill and even with the strong head breeze was a very pleasant ride.
Beginning Battery Voltage:  12.7   Ending Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp  81 F      Highest Temp:  86 F
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:     6.17
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
5.3 MPH                                 7.7 MPH                    25.1 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 10 mins                       48 mins 17 secs        21 minutes 43 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment