Friday, March 6, 2015

Beautiful Bosque Biking

Today's Ham Radio / GPS / APRS Tracking

I had what might be called a rough week this week.
Monday, after my last bike ride, I suddenly developed a horrific jaw-warping toothache that I thought was gonna kill me.  Hydrocodone pills did NOTHING for it, and I spent the night in agony trying to sleep with my head throbbing and nasty awful terrible no good...... ow.
I was able to get an emergency dental appointment on Tuesday.  The dentist could again find nothing wrong with my tooth or jaw but suspected infection again so he prescribed pain pills and antibiotics.  A couple hours after the first pills, the pain suddenly subsided again and I was able to get a decent night's sleep.  Trouble is, even though I'd slept well and no longer seemed to need any pain pills, I felt like I had been run over by a truck - or something - and didn't feel strong enough to do a bike ride Wednesday, and besides, I had another appointment with the same dentist late Wednesday to get..... my favorite.... a ROOT CANAL.
The root canal wasn't all that bad, but the supposed pain-numbing shots in the jaw beforehand had me literally screaming in pain.  If the doc had any patients out in the waiting room I'm sure they all got up and left after hearing me yell.  I was in deep agony when I walked out and thankfully Jacque was with me as my personal driver.  Again, in a few more hours the pills had taken root, pun intended, and I was able to relax and get another night's sleep.
Thursday I felt much better, still no need for pain pills, but again not enough get-up-and-go to get out on the bike.
Today, Friday, I determined I was going to ride no matter what, and Jacque left for Albuquerque, so I assumed I would soon get in a ride while she was gone.  She came home early - her trip to the big city cancelled - and she started talking about a TRIKE ride, as in tandem, that is.
So we saddled up the tandem Terratrike and went to the Bosque Trail  in the Big City.  As usual, the Terratrike is big and heavy but it is within our capabilities on this largely straight and level route almost completely blocked off from vehicular traffic.
It was a bit late when we finally arrived at our secret parking place close to Central and Tingley but we figured we still had enough sunshine for a couple of hours riding, and the weather was downright BEAUTIFUL.
The City of Albuquerque continues to "Improve" various parking places we've been able to use in the past.
As usual, government "improvement" means "elimination" or striping previously available parking as no-parking zones.  BAH
We found another spot anyway, and hopefully will still be able to in the future in spite of ongoing city "improvements".
We only made slightly over 11 miles but it was great to get out together under joint pedal-power again.
Lots of other bikers and walkers and even a couple of horsey-riders were out on the trail today, and we were all enjoying the wonderul weather.
Then, after the very satisfying ride, we went to the China King Restaurant for a wonderful dinner and.... life is GOOD.
.
Ride Started: 3:38 PM    Ride Ended:  5:39 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.7   Ending Voltage: 13.1  Lowest:  12.3
Lowest Temp  57 F      Highest Temp:  75 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  11.11
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.8 MPH                                6.8 MPH                 14.5 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 55 mins                      1 hour 37 minutes      17  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment