Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ten Miles of Cloudy Bliss

Today's Tracking Courtesy of Ham Radio and the GPS

Today dawned cool and breezy, with weather guessers forecasting possible rain.  I waited a while and watched the front window closely and often.  Finally - about noon - I decided:
-Iit hadn't rained yet
-Tomorrow I have an early dental appointment and I may not FEEL like riding afterwards
-If I didn't ride today who knows how many MORE days before I get in a few more miles?

So I saddled up the recumbent two-wheeler and Jazzy and I took off for a ride.
It WAS a bit cool but just a bit cold for comfort;  not BITTERLY cold.
With Jazzy in the belly harness at my front the warmth from her body helps a bit, and by the time I topped the first long hill I scrunched the sleeves on my windbreaker back to my elbows and unzipped the front wide open, which helped a lot in cooling me down without freezing me.  The wind was not terrible; just in our faces and a bit bothersome, thassall.
By the time we got to the halfway and turnaround point  it appeared the wind was still the same direction.
I took off the windbreaker and tucked it away for the rest of the ride.  Since we were now going the other way the wind was mostly at our back so I did not get overheated OR terribly cold.  I was too lazy to stop at the top of impending downhill screamers so it did get a bit over-cool but those downhills are not that long....
Not nearly as long going down as going up.  What are the physics of that?
We got back about 2 PM, leaving me plenty of time to split a few firewood chunks and get started on my 2014 income tax forms.  BAH.  I'll be extra grumpy the next several days while I work on that..... what a bother.  Maybe if I take some 2-hour bike riding breaks in the middle of taxes it will improve my sour mood.
I wouldn't bet on it.

Ride Started: 11:58 AM    Ride Ended:  2:03 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.9   Ending Voltage: 13.1  Lowest:  13.0
Lowest Temp  49 F      Highest Temp:  57 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  10:51
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.1 MPH                               7.5 MPH                  30.0 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
2 hours 3 mins                       1 hour 24 mins           39  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment