Thursday, March 19, 2015

Abort due to Thunder and....

Today's Suspenseful Tracking of One Mile
I spent yesterday out of the biking saddle, er, lawn-chair reclining seat, that is.  First thing I reported to my local expensive dental office for a crown on a bum tooth that's been giving me trouble.  Came home with a numb jaw..... and brain.  The rest of the day I resigned myself to working on the blasted income tax returns.  What an infernal hassle.  I was mildly shocked to actually get it done and sent off by late evening - the same day I started.  Usually it takes several short-tempered frustrating days to get it all slapped together.
Look, I'm Pregnant... No, it's a Belly Doggie

Today, I found myself still in a state of mild disbelief that I actually am through with the blasted tax filing... for another year, anyway.
Today, IF I had started out a couple hours earlier, I could have gotten in a decent ride, though colder of course.
In today's short and thrilling video the thunderheads approaching quickly are clearly visible.
Jazzy and I had left the house just moments earlier, and I was already running out of steam before we even got off our "Goat-Path" to the paved road.  I stopped to check my blood sugar - it was a bit lower than desired - so I ate one of my stashes of 3 choc chip cookies.  The sky hadn't looked all that threatening when we'd left the house but as I munched on my snack I heard the unmistakable rumble of thunder overhead.  
Looking up, I noticed the gathering darkness of rain clouds, and looking both ways showed plain evidence that we were surrounded by quickly gathering clouds.  We were just shy of a mile away from the house, and I momentarily thought of trying to continue and get in at least a few miles, but the repetitious thunder -booms convinced me to turn around and high-tail it back home.
Even that short trip elevated my pulse rate and incurred some heavy breathing, so I got in a little aerobic exercise.....
And I was happy to arrive back at the house.  I left the bike parked out in the open just for a few minutes and Behold:  It started raining.  It took me several minutes to remember my bike, with electronics still exposed, was still out in the open rain.  So I put on a jacket and unsaddled everything and put the bike back in the storage shed.  Rained all blessed day afterwards.... sigh

Ride Started: 12:26 PM    Ride Ended:  1:44 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.6   Ending Voltage: 13.1  Lowest:  13.1
Lowest Temp  46 F      Highest Temp:  67 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  1:15
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  .8 MPH                                3.4 MPH                  10.2 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
  30 minutes                           20 minutes                10  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment