Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Building Appetite; Or, Riding Bike to Lunch

Today's One-Way Tracking via GPS and Ham Radio

(Dateline Monday, 18 September 2017)
Today wasn't much of a trip.  I had a lunch appointment with my dear friend Paul N5DBB up at Los Cuates Restaurant and decided to ride the Catrike up there to meet him.  I was running a bit late so I just rode straight down the goat-path from the house and up to North-14 and then about half a mile north to the restaurant.
Jacque had been in a physical therapy session that ended about the time Paul and I met for lunch so she showed up a few minutes later.  We enjoyed a great Mexican lunch and we all left.
Jacque took off first and Paul and I stood around and swapped lies for a bit longer.  Just as I was unlocking the cable tying the trike to the rail in front of the restaurant, Jacque called excitedly to tell me she was at the Post Office and we had just received a substantial check from the VA.  So we decided to deposit it immediately since we were both low in our bank accounts.. She drove back and picked me up at the restaurant after I stowed the trike in an out-of-view place behind the cafe.  All of which resulted in me trailering the trike home instead of riding it;   a minor disappointment.  I hadn't been looking forward to struggling back up our steep goat-path last mile to the house.

Ride Started: 11:02 AM    Ride Ended:  12:40 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.5  Ending Voltage: 13.0  Lowest:  12.7 
Beginning Blood Glucose:  80   Ending BG Reading: 144 
Lowest Temp  71F      Highest Temp:  78F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  3.34 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
5.0 MPH                                5.9 MPH                  28.5 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
1 hour 52 mins                       33 minutes              1 hour 19 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment