Sunday, September 3, 2017

Pedaling Better Now, Thanks

The Usual Tracking - Path

I took Friday off from riding, and the short rest must have helped my outa-shape legs, since the Saturday ride went without complaint from me.   Skipping the last mile of uphill goat-path rocks and gravel didn't hurt either, of course.
Thanks to those who worried about me and my flabby legs of the last couple days, but nothing out of the ordinary was evident. I just have to keep regularly exercising, and cycling is the funnest way for me to get 'er done.
Thankfully this time the tires were all happily inflated and all I had to do was slather on the sunscreen, load up the trike in the junk trailer, and take it down to the pavement of Frost Road and ride.
Vehicular Traffic was a bit heavy - even though it was Saturday - but no problems occurred.  Not even rubber legs or numb feet this time.
This time of year is obviously the very best for outdoor activities such as bike riding.  The temperatures are mild and even when the sun is high it hasn't been uncomfortably hot.  Mild breezes and winds, what more could I ask for?
Maybe now I can get back to more variety in the rides, instead of the same old (but enjoyable) loop.
Again I note that my metabolism changes for the better the same days I ride the trike  or bike for any distance.  I have lower blood glucose and have to adjust my insulin pump to lower levels, a good thing.

Ride Started: 4:00 PM    Ride Ended:  5:15 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.8  Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.5 
Beginning Blood Glucose:  164   Ending BG Reading: 159 
Lowest Temp  75F      Highest Temp:  84F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  9.32 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
7.5 MPH                                    8.2 MPH                        31.5 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
1 hour 14 mins                       1 hour  8 mins             6 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment