Thursday, September 7, 2017

Building Character, No Doubt

Today's Impressive Track, Har Har

Yesterday, Wednesday, I did a rather short but intensive ride to the Post Office and back, total almost 4 miles.  I've been trailering the trike down to Frost Road and it helps the sore bones and muscles and average speed but cuts the total miles.  So What.
I caught a crazy-lad aggressive driver on camera but the video fails to transfer to Youtube, so no joy there.  She was also no danger to me but my jaw dropped as I saw her cross the double yellow line about 1/4 mile ahead of me and pass 4 or 5 cars that were obviously going too slow.  She was driving what appeared to be a silver Mercedes so undoubtedly she was important enough to get away with stupid driving.

Today I rode another familiar but less traveled route, east on Frost to Vallecitos, thence to Sedillo Hill Road, across the way across I-40 to Old Route 66 and then back up Guiterrez Canyon Road toward home.
A fair amount of traffic today, but all gave me lots of room and clearance and a couple of cage-drivers even honked and waved friendly-like.
Weather was much cooler since I got going earlier, and September Fall weather is nothing to complain about anyway.  I seem to be getting my legs back, since my breaks are fewer and farther between.
I met several other road-cyclists this morning, all seemingly in good cheer.
This route involves a bit more hill climbing, but as Dad says in the Calvin & Hobbes comic, "It builds Character."
Attentive Readers may note my highest speed today was 36 MPH, which was achieved downhill, past a "35 MPH Speed Limit" sign.  Perhaps the only time I've been able to exceed a speed limit, and it was due to gravity and good bearings, since I was not pedaling then but hanging on for dear life.

Ride Started: 8:44 AM    Ride Ended:  10:44 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.8  Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.9 
Beginning Blood Glucose:  94   Ending BG Reading: 57 
Lowest Temp  67F      Highest Temp:  84F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  12.16 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
5.9 MPH                                7.5 MPH                  36.3 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
2 hours 3 mins                      1 hour  32 mins           31 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment