Thursday, September 21, 2017

Easy Rider (To Coin a Phrase)

Today's tracking via APRS, GPS, and Ham Radio

I wanted to do a slightly longer ride this morning but I have to be ready to leave for Albuquerque early in the afternoon so I stuck to my favorite 10-mile loop.  I actually road an additional couple hundred yards east on Entranosa's unpaved stretch but it didn't add much to the total mileage.
Fall weather today was just about perfect, leading to today's title of Easy Riding.  No strain, no pain, no close encounters of any kind.... fantastic riding weather.
About the only negative thing I noticed was a couple of bolts holding one of my pannier brackets was a bit loose, and when I got back and broke out the tools, it was obvious that the vibration of bouncing around on the rocks and roads had loosened them.  They're now tightened, and hopefully will last another hundred miles or so.
My blood sugar was a bit higher than expected today.  The huge meal we ate last night celebrating Jacque's 39th birthday was still rattling around inside me evidently.

Ride Started: 9:36 AM    Ride Ended:  11:06 AM PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.8  Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.9 
Beginning Blood Glucose:  249   Ending BG Reading: 133 
Lowest Temp  67F      Highest Temp:  78F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  9.63 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
6.7 MPH                                7.3 MPH                  26.8 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
1 hour 26 mins                      1 hour  16 mins           10 minutes

1 comment: