Thursday, July 11, 2019

Feel Like a Million Bucks

Today's Route Plotted from Memory

I took a bye day yesterday after the frustrating 16 miler on Tuesday and sidetracked on to at least 5 miles of rough gravel road.  Of course, AFTER this frustration, I discovered a setting that might help:
I found it under my Garmin "Avoidances" menu:  "Unpaved Roads".   CLICK on that one, and we'll see how it works in the future.
I didn't want to blow off another 16 miles today, paved or otherwise, so I rode a mostly familiar route which added up to a little  over 7 miles.
I wasn't feeling all that sassy when I started out, but wanted to ride at least a few miles, and found my mood and outlook improving as I rolled along.
The weather was great, the skies were blue, and I just felt fabulous with the breeze in my face.
Climbing the long hill up Oakland Avenue on the way home, a couple of youngsters on bikes spotted me and fell in behind, and tried their best to keep up with the old guy on the trike.  Even though I was climbing slight grades part of the way, I was able to outrun  even the strongest one until I braked to slow going down the final hill, where he caught up with me.  A great motivator he was to put in a little zoom into my stride.


Ride Started: 8:25 AM      Ride Ended:  10:56 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:   143   Ending BG: 110
Lowest Temp:  67 F    Highest Temp:  84 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  7.27
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  5.4   MPH                           7.2  MPH              20.0 
MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
1 hour 21 
 mins                  1 hour                  21 minutes

i no sooner got home and started to cool off when Jacque suggested dining at the local Senior Center.  When she agreed to MY suggestion of riding the tandem trike there, we added a couple miles to my day's ride.
Noonish Tandem Ride with Jacque

Ride Started: 11:30 AM      Ride Ended:  12:47 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  13.0

No comments:

Post a Comment