Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Ride to Beat the Rain

Today's Back & Forth Route

Jim & Jacque's Tandem Ride Route

I failed to do any riding yesterday, Monday, since it rained most of the day.  The sun came out about 2 hours before nightfall but we had an "Empty Nesters" Family Home Evening to attend.
The soggy weather associated with Hurricane Barry provided us with only a few hours of light rain, in spite of forecasts for two days of rain.  Today was cloudy and cool at first and the worst we seemed to get was occasional misting.  I started to ride east on Clouse Street saw heavy clouds and possible rain in that direction, and decided to turn around and ride west instead where the skies were brighter.  In spite of this ingenious strategy,, I was getting misty sprinkles in my face, prompting me to stop and dig out one of my large plastic baggies and pull it over the GPS and radio cluster in front to keep them dry.  It worked, and after a few miles the sun started to come out and I had to stop and lather myself up with sunblock.  Of course, almost as soon as I finished this, the skies clouded up again and I rode on, with little danger of sunburn.
I again stopped for a shade and sore foot break at the Mountain Grove International Airport.  I'm kidding.  It's an airport all right but the only plane I ever see there is a brightly painted crop duster and I've never caught any planes of any kind coming or going.  But it has a couple of great shade trees right at the entrance for me to rest under.
All in all it was, as usual, a decent ride for an old geezer.
I'd no sooner gotten home when Jacque suggested we go eat at the Senior Center for lunch.  I said I'd be interested if we rode the tandem trike, to which she readily agreed.
So we rode that short distance and had a nice lunch, and got misted again on the way home.  Such is life in summertime Missouri....

My Ride Started: 8:58 AM      Ride Ended:  10:14 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.2   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:   108   Ending BG: 91
Lowest Temp:  67 F    Highest Temp:  71 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  6.6
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.9   MPH                           7.4  MPH              25.7 
MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 1 hour 19 
 mins                   53 minutes           27 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment