Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Monday Walmart Run

Easy Roundabout GPS Route to Walmart and Back

Monday was another relatively warm and sunny day, albeit with some clouds scudding overhead hustled along by high winds.
Enjoying another shirt-sleeve day, I got a few more layers of paint on kitchen cabinet doors, cut up more firewood sections from our huge downed trees, and thought about an excuse to take a ride on the trike.
Jacque said we were short on butter  so that was sufficient excuse for a shopping trike trip.
I left my windbreaker in the saddlebag,exchanged my winter hunting/riding mittens for open fingered triking gloves, and set out on another thrilling adventure.
The wind was surprisingly strong and a little on the cold side, but I remained in my shirt-sleeves throughout the trip and did not get over or under-heated.
I really needed an excuse to ride today since I had over eaten or under-pumped with my insulin and my blood sugar was an alarming 290 about a half hour before I left.
The exercise did me good, as the blood sugar had dropped to lower than desired by the time I got to Walmart, and I had to FORCE myself to eat a couple of my emergency chocolate chip cookies before I started home again.
Coming back toward home, I found the blustery wind mostly in my face and faced the cyclist's least favorite sensation:  Having to pedal hard going DOWNhill to maintain speed with the wind full in my face.  But somehow I lived through it.

Ride Started:   1:55 PM      Ride Ended:  3:08 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.5  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  290      Ending BG: 79 
Lowest Temp:  60 F    Highest Temp:    64 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   5.36
Distance Walked: .5 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.1 
MPH                             5.9 MPH               17.3 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 13 mins
                   55 minutes            19 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment