Saturday, February 1, 2020

Wow, Sunny Warm Day

Today's Repetitive GPS Tracking

Well, WARM is a relative term, but for February First, Bright sunshine and Blue Sky No Fog - It made it to the mid 50's and we rejoiced again for Global Warming.  I was again allowed by my sweet live in lover Jacque to take a trike ride around town to celebrate.
Exertion such as this really helps with my blood glucose / insulin control.  When I'm too sedentary, my glucose readings begin to climb and I have to increase my insulin pump dosages and I wonder if I'm becoming insulin resistant.  Bad Stuff. 
BUT, when I work up at least a minor sweat splitting or cutting firewood or downed trees (redundancy here), or having more fun riding the trike(s), my blood sugar drops deeply and I have to REDUCE my insulin dosage.  Thus, for me, the key is to stay active.  Yeah.  Sure.
Anyways, I haven't ridden in at least a couple weeks and of course it showed today when I started up the first very slight incline and had to rapidly go through my lower gears, and I was disappointed to have to creep upward more than usual in GRANDMA Gear, which no cyclist in his right mind would admit in public.  Just sayin'.
I also avoided adventure today by taking my usual well worn loop around the paved outer streets of this big metropolis.  Six miles maybe.  But it was great to get out again and feel the frigid air in my face.
Did I mention frigid?  The thermometer claimed 52 degrees but it felt cooler for some reason.
I wore only my light bright yellow windbreaker - which I thought would be sufficient once I got warmed up.  However, it took a long time for the warming to occur.  I realized before I took off that my fingers might possibly get cold so I wore my winter warm hunting gloves, which served me well until I was almost home when they got warm enough to open up the mitts for some cooling.
When I first started out, I had turned on to Clouse Street, with occasional passing cars.  I remembered I had not turned on my bright blinky red tail light.  As I pulled to the shoulder to turn it on, a pickup roared past me, altogether too close, not seeming to notice me until the last second.  Maybe the blinky light actually does do some good.
It was SO nice to have (relatively) dry air and streets to ride on, with no puddles, snow, or ice.  Not bad for February in Missouri.  Or most anywhere else outside the Great Southwest....

Ride Started:   3:14 PM      Ride Ended:  4:08 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.7  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.8
Beginning Blood Glucose:  81      Ending BG: 75 (After eating a slice of Jacque's fruity bread without pumping insulin)
Lowest Temp:  50 F    Highest Temp:    57 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   6.38
Distance Walked: .5 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  6.9 
MPH                             7.6 MPH               21.7 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 56 minutes
                         50 minutes            5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment