Friday, August 19, 2016

Biking to the Diabetic Doctor's Office

Today's Mid-Day Track

This ride was so short it's hard to justify riding about it.
I had a doctor's appointment at 10:30 AM and, since it's slightly less than a mile up the road, I rode the bike over there.  Only takes a minute or so longer to arrive and there's always an available parking spot for the trike, under the shade tree in the gravel front yard of the endocrinologist's office.
I got chewed up one side and down the other by the Physician's Assistant, who is a little Chinese lady who brooks no back-talk, much harder to get along with than her doctor who I normally see.
You may think that with "all" my bike and trike riding and walking the Doc would be praising me for the wonderful blood test results.
You (and I) would be sadly mistaken.  My A1C, a blood test that reveals my average blood sugars for the last 3 months, was 8.9, down a couple tenths from last visits 9.1, but not enough to satisfy Miss Genghis Khan.  All my other blood tests were in the wonderful range but she wants me  to straighten up, fly right, and do better.... OR ELSE.  Or Else What?  I feared to ask.
She's rattling off this list of this and that, and in my tiny brain I'm thinking..... MORE BICYCLING.
We'll see.
When I left the office and saddled up the tandem Terratrike I had ridden over there alone, a nice looking blondie walked over from her car, admiring the trike, and told me "You could pick someone UP with this!!"
I just smiled and rode away.... I like being happily married.
This area is strewn with orange barrels, road blocks, and trucks growling this way and that, but so far I've  been quite lucky in getting huge gaps in traffic with which to get going safely and get into the right lane, etc, etc.  So this trip was uneventful and short, but still fun.


Ride Started: 10:05 AM    Ride Ended:  11:37 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.1   Ending Voltage: 13.0  Lowest:  12.9
Lowest Temp  71 F      Highest Temp:  82 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  1.96
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   6.8 MPH                             8.3 MPH                   16.0 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1hour 30+ minutes                17 minutes                 1 hour 13  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment