Friday, August 19, 2016

Clocked by Radar; Ran a Red Light

Today's Scurrilous Tracking

I woke up about 18 minutos after 5 AM this morning, and while almost too late, I got up after a few seconds (Segundos) and was rolling by about 6:00, giving me time for a short ride.  My elevated A1C readings from the recent doc's visit motivate my to get UP and OUT and do SOMETHING....
I went through the nearby recently discovered neighborhood again and again noticed the mechanical speed trap / indicator, and again as I smoked by, it actually read my speed:

And, only another mile or so approaching the Osuna intersection, I was pleasantly surprised to find a green light staring me in the face:
And, as you may note, the light WAS green when I entered the intersection but quickly turned RED before I even got halfway through it.  Must be designed for cars, not bike speeds....
Then, as I rode east on Osuna, I caught the inevitable red light at the Chappel/Cement Truck Intersection.
As I exited Osuna and entered the bike path, I immediately encountered another rudeness from Albuquerque road construction crews:

I made a mild attempt to knock the offending sign over, but it was too stout for me to budge.
Which is probably just as well, it would most likely have blocked the path even worse had I succeeded in knocking it over.
Ride Started: 5:51 AM    Ride Ended:  6:38 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.3   Ending Voltage: 13.2  Lowest:  12.9
Lowest Temp  64 F      Highest Temp:  67 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  4.49
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   5.6 MPH                             6.6 MPH                   18.0 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
48 minutes                             40 minutes                 7 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment