Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wednesday Wanderings

Today's Thrilling Tracks

Two nights ago, on Monday night, I was a bit surprised to notice a SKUNK just ahead of me and the walking-dogs, at about 10 PM.  The skunk, which I thought first might be a squirrel, was actually sidling along the walkway in front of me and the doggies and was seemingly wanting to avoid any conflict with us.  He MAY have been somebody's domesticated pet, since he didn't make a stance or a stink.  But I've seen coyotes out along the bike path and of course rabbits proliferate everywhere, especially commercial areas with grass lots.
I awoke this morning to "go down the hall", expecting to crawl right back in bed afterwards, but when I noticed the clock on the microwave said "5:00 AM", I realized it was a perfect time to go for a ride instead.
For this morning's joyride I selected to ride again up to Balloon Fiesta Park and back.
It was just a bit on the side of too cool this morning for most of the ride.  I was wearing only my front-velcro da-glow yellow tee shirt and it would have been nice to have a windbreaker for the most of the trip.
But, it was only coldest when zipping downhill, and most of the ride is fairly level.  So complaints are minimal.
I again seemed to encounter more fellow cyclists than usual, including a few going the same way as I (passing me with minimal effort).
As I passed the Balloon Festival Museum I noticed something new:  A huge lighted display in the viewing window on the north side of the building.  Quite spectacular but the fence kept me so far away it didn't show up well in the GoPro video.
My left hand brake caliper seems to have almost totally lost its stopping/gripping power.  I need to put new pads in it before I get in trouble.  The right hand brake still works well but there ARE times both grippers come in handy...

Ride Started: 5:31 AM    Ride Ended:  7:07 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.1   Ending Voltage: 13.0  Lowest:  12.8
Lowest Temp  60 F      Highest Temp:  64 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  8.88
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   6.7 MPH                             7.1 MPH                   17.7 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 19 mins                      1 hour 15 mins              4  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment