Monday, August 1, 2016

Friday Morning Dark Ride

Pre-Dawn Patrol Track

I woke up about 4:30 Friday morning and took the pedal powered trike out for a ride.
It's amazing at such an early hour how few cars are out and about.  I contemplated just how safe and unthreatening city streets are, even Jefferson, when there are no cars on them.
Then, as I crossed the first 2 nasty bone-shaker wooden planked bike bridges, I was thrilled to find the construction path-blocks have been entirely removed.  We can sail right under Osuna now without having to creep around the roadblocks which have been seemingly unnecessary for a month or more.
Unfortunately, on the way back, I noticed my left knee was starting to hurt, and I had to favor it most of the way home.  It's been a bit tricky since then and I've been deliberately staying off the bikes to give it a rest.

Ride Started: 5:04 AM    Ride Ended:  6:21 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.2   Ending Voltage: 13.2  Lowest:  12.5
Lowest Temp  71 F      Highest Temp:  75 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  8.54
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   6.8 MPH                             7.2 MPH                   19.5 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 15mins                        1 hour 11 mins           4  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment