Monday, August 8, 2016

Well, I Woke Up a Little After 5

Early Morning Tracking

I awoke groggily at 5:14 AM this morning, a bit later than I prefer to ride, and I tried to seriously consider just staying in the sack to get another 35 minutes of snoozing.  My mortality motivated me to get up and get going.  I continue to believe with more exercise my blood sugar can be better maintained and maybe I can survive a few extra years.  Or at least stay more  mobile the last few years of knocking around.
Cycling being my second favorite exercise form (None of your business about #1 favorite), off I go.
It rained quite a bit these last few days, including last night.  About 8 PM last night suddenly the AC power went off in the RV and when we looked outside the entire neighborhood was dark.  Most of our RV stuff runs off 12 Volt batteries anyway - continually being charged by outside (or internal) AC power - so we just turned off a few unneeded LED lights and continued watching a few Olympic events.
The outside AC power finally came back on and we went to  bed.
We didn't get to bed very early which helped my reluctance in getting up this morning.
As I rode down Jefferson I noticed a few puddles here and there but the streets were mostly dry.
After I turned off Jefferson onto the bike trail leading to the diversion channel it was only a few minutes easy riding to the actual North Diversion Channel Trail.  As I rode down the ramp underneath Osuna, I noticed quite a bit of debris on the bike ramp and thought at first someone had dumped some trash, but as I dodged a few piles of junk I realized it was scattered FLOTSAM from the diversion channel having been full during the recent rains.   Thankfully there didn't seem to be any tire puncturing junk in the piles since I was unable to ride around them all and totally avoid them.  The channel itself was running about 6 inches of water this morning, and this trail is NOT safe to ride during heavy rains, since the foul water line and junk extended well above the level of the bike underpass.
My trick knee seems to get better the more I ride the bike, as long as I don't overload it.  Hopefully more biking will build up strength in this knee instead of blowing it out.

Ride Started: 5:49 AM    Ride Ended:  6:50 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.0   Ending Voltage: 13.0  Lowest:  12.8 (No battery charges for almost a week)
Lowest Temp  64 F      Highest Temp:  67 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  5.58
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   6.2 MPH                             6.8 MPH                   16.6 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
54 minutes                             49 minutes                 4  minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment