Thursday, September 29, 2016

Must be Thursday .... Or Whatever

Thursday 29 September Tracking

I awoke about 5:26 AM today and immediately thought "BIKE RIDE!"
A few dozen winks later, the bed was feeling awfully comfortable, but I managed to get my  lazy butt out anyway.
As usual, I was glad I did.  I had a middling headache when I first  started out, but it didn't  take more than a  mile or two of wind in my  face to clear it up and start to feel  like a million bucks.
My 2-wheeled recumbent and my new Catrike are both safely secured at  home 20 miles away so the only thing I have left to ride is my 30-year-old DF Diamond Back mountain bike or our 3-wheel Tandem Recumbent  Terratrike , and I unfailingly prefer the recumbent in spite of its  length and  weight.  It's a fun ride and good exercise even without Jacque in the back seat stoking for me.
By the time I got  rolling it was a bit after 6 AM so I decided to ride out for half an hour and turn around, making at least an hour ride this morning, which is still enough  to get the old ticker and  circulation going.
It feels like a million bucks, too, once I get  out of  the shower  and stagger off to work.
My GoPro camera batteries are going soft on me:  If I  leave them out of the charger more than 1 day, they have little charge left  in them and poop out after only a  few minutes of running the camera.    I guess  I need to spend some more money, again, to see if I can get some reliable batteries  for this expensive toy.
Not much to comment on this morning.  Weather was noticeably  warmer, about 62 degrees, which is great for cycling.  Cool enough to eventually  work up a mild sweat, without the necessity of starting out with the outer  windbreaker on.  Since I again, as usual, had limited time, I rode only to Paseo Del Norte on the North Diversion Trail before turning around and hightailing it back to the shower.
Tomorrow, Friday, I'll be tied up  from the wee  hours until late or mid afternoon, so no bike ride to cheer me  up tomorrow....
Ride Started: 6:05 AM    Ride Ended:  7:05 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.1   Ending Voltage: 12.7  Lowest:  12.2
Lowest Temp  60 F      Highest Temp:  64 F  
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  6:94
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   6.7 MPH                             7.9 MPH                   19.4 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 2 mins                         52 minutes                10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment