Monday, May 18, 2020

No Sun? Ride Anyway

Today's Higher Mileage Route

Here it is Mid-May and it is COLD around here.  It barely got above 60 degrees here for some unbeknownst reason.  We've been getting lots of rain and cloudy days but a few days ago it was in the comfortable 70's in spite of the relative lack of sunshine.  Not Today. 
Whatever happened to Global Warming?? BAH
Jacque had a garbage bag full of unwanted STUFF to be delivered to the local thrift store, so I gladly used that for an excuse to go for a ride.  Had to tow the B.O.B trailer to haul the big bag, but that detracts little from the joy of pedaling around.
I rode a couple streets I don't think I've ridden before, and it wasn't too bad in spite of some deep long dips in the roadway on the outskirts of town.  As usual, there was little traffic - which is always nice when the shoulders are a bit narrow.  It's invariably nice to encounter motorists who refuse to pass me until there's plenty of clearance, regardless of the road conditions.
I thought several times I should pull off and put on my windbreaker to beat the chill, but it was just barely warm enough that I did without it.  But overheating was definitely out of the question in spite of a few long climbs in Grandma Gear.
Going  east along the street I had not ridden before, I passed a lady out in her front yard "walking" her two little doggies.  They spotted me and decided I was dangerous enough to attack, revealing themselves to be OFF leash.  As they chased me along the street, with their Missus hollering after them, they were no real threat to me.  However, they followed me much farther than they should have, so I had to pour on the coal to outrun them so they would give up and turn around.
Mission accomplished and we all lived through the experience.....


Ride Started:   3:30 PM      Ride Ended:  4:32 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose: 207   Ending BG: 117 
Lowest Temp:  57 F    Highest Temp:    64 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   6.64
Distance Walked: .3 mile (Dog Potty Trips)
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  6.3 
MPH                              7.3 MPH               25.1 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
  1 hour 2 mins
                         54 minutes           8 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment