Friday, May 22, 2020

Wimpy Birthday Riding

Today's Ever-So-Boring Route

Well, yesterday was the end of my 73rd year on this Earth and the beginning of my 74th. 
Mercy.
As the old saying goes, "If I'd Known I was going to Live this Long, I'd have taken Better Care of Myself!"

I had forgotten that a couple of years ago I rode 73 miles on my 71st birthday in Ohio while we were RV'ing around the countryside.  (I miscalculated the route and rode 2 more miles than planned).
This year I had a VERY temporary fantasy about riding 73 miles to celebrate, but I've been so wimpy and lazy recently that I just decided to do my now-usual ride around the perimeter of our monster city of Mountain Grove (Pop. ~4600).
I now kinda regret not laying out a more aggressive trip, even though it would have taken all day long to accomplish it IF I lived through it, but we all gotta go sometime, right? Right?  - Never Mind -
Our weather forecast had called for afternoon storms but it was mostly just cloudy with a bit of sun peeking through occasionally, and not cold or damp much at all.  I rolled up my pants legs to keep the cloth out of the chain contact, instead of tucking them into my tall socks.  The additional air flow was welcome.
Evidently our locals are getting more used to seeing such a contraption riding through their neighborhoods.  Instead of curious stares I now get lots of friendly waves from people I pass in their yards as well as the ones I encounter in cars on the streets.
Maybe I'll try to do an after-birthday mondo ride.... if our weather ever gets a forecast for a day without rain.......

Ride Started:   2:44 PM      Ride Ended:  4:30 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.3  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  12.5
Beginning Blood Glucose: 229   Ending BG: 76 
Lowest Temp:  70 F    Highest Temp:    72 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   6.69
Distance Walked: .9 mile (Dog Potty Trips)
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  7.1 
MPH                              8.2 MPH               21.7 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
  57 minutes
                    49 minutes           8 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment