Friday, May 8, 2020

Weird Weather, Gotta Ride Anyway

Today's predictable Route

I went for several days without riding the trike and my blood sugar has skyrocketed as a result.
So I renew my "Enthusiasm" for hopefully daily rides - so long as it's not raining. 
Unfortunately it rains quite often here in Missouri.  Guess it's one reason everything is so green here.
I got a ride in yesterday, Thursday, after almost a week NOT riding.  I was shocked how my blood sugar dropped so well.  My tracking link didn't work, however, so I didn't post anything in this blog about it.
Today awoke rainy, cold, and windy.  It held little hope for any passable trike riding, but the clouds cleared off close to noon and it warmed up into the 50's, though the wind was still nasty.
I decided to ride anyway.  Glad I am that I did.
Mountain Grove is so small there aren't a lot of different routes that add up to more than a few miles, so I rarely go out of my way to find new routes to ride.  Most of the routes leading away from town have no shoulders whatever, or if there is one it's just narrow, with rocks, gravel, and debris.
So I ride familiar routes most of the time.
Today I first wrapped up in my nylon windbreaker.  It broke the wind and helped keep me warm enough for about the first half of the ride, when I pulled over and put the windbreaker back in the saddlebag.  The wind had not slowed down but I was warmed up enough to do without it.
My blood sugar was STILL too high after today's ride, in spite of pumping extra insulin.
If the next infusion site doesn't do better..... We'll see.

Ride Started:   3:46 PM      Ride Ended:  4:37 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose: 289   Ending BG: 152 
Lowest Temp:  57 F    Highest Temp:    67 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   6.69
Distance Walked: .3 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  7.1 
MPH                              7.9 MPH               20 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
  51 minutes
                         50 minutes           1 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment