Thursday, December 10, 2020

Grandson Goes for a Ride w/ Grandpa

 Jacque has a young lady-friend who comes over every week or so for sewing sessions.  A winsome young man, 5 years of age, comes with her, and often is a handful to "entertain".  I get a huge kick out of him.
I'd been thinking he might enjoy going for a ride with me on the trike.
Since it's a single-seater, naturally I think somehow I can fit him in the B.O.B (Baby On Board) trailer.  Since this young feller is a tad too grown-up for Baby status, but not old enough to trust he'll hang on without trying to jump, a solution was desired.
Wondering about adapting a car seat, finding the huge expense of buying a new one, I went shopping at one of our local thrift stores a couple weeks ago.
Sure enough, I found a very nice one, for the princely sum of $5 cash.
With a fair amount of backyard engineering, I was able to mount it in the B.O.B. trailer. 
Today I finally got to try the monstrosity out.  It was frightfully cold when we first started, but warmed up quickly as the sun shined upon our countenances.

Not knowing how much or little he would enjoy the back-seat view, we went around a couple of local blocks.  No screams of delight, but no cries of anguish either, so we rode onward.  Passing cars seemed to enjoy his waving at them.  Great Stuff.
The black coat and hoodie make my passenger almost invisible...

Ride Started: 12:34 PM           Ride Ended: 1:30 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.8 Ending Battery Voltage:  12.8
Lowest Temp: 51 F Highest Temp: 61 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 67    Ending BG: 113
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 4.25
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.5 MPH                              6.5 MPH            22.1 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
 56  minutes                        39 minutes        17 minutes


 

No comments:

Post a Comment