Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy NEW Year (!Prospero Ano Nuevo!)

 No trike riding today, though I ALMOST did.\
Today, New Years Eve, the Blessed End of 2020, was cold and wet.
It hovered near freezing all day, with frost on elevated surfaces but not the local roads.
I had sorta planned to ride at least a few blocks to pick up some diet soda for our wild New Year Celebration, but Jacque did those chores in the motorized SUV.
Me, I stayed busy installing more outlets in our vintage 1926 casita.
I've previously installed extra outlets and lights here and there throughout the house, but we needed one on the front porch.
A rather elementary operation, which back in my younger days might have taken a couple hours or so.
It took me over 2 days, with lots of rest breaks and interruptions and changes of plans as I went.
The outlet is now nicely installed and will provide better access for electrical appliances as well as Christmas lights next year, God willing.
I'm turning 74 in 2021, surviving many of my relatives in longevity.
One thing about the unbelievable year 2020 has been that Jacque and I have begun more closely recognizing God's hand in protecting and preserving us.  As we have contemplated many of our recognized blessings from Heaven, I have been startled to realize many incidents in my life that could or should have been near-fatal but, obviously with Heavenly Father's help, have allowed me to continue living what I have to describe as "A Wonderful Life".
I must cut this post short, but one "ferinstance" is the beating I received in a one - sided fistfight with my brother George at around age 16.  He pounded me so mercilessly most of my jaws were pulverized and I was too stupid to stop trying to fight him in response.  Thankfully, he finally stopped and walked away from me in disgust.    My mouth bled for weeks and weeks afterward and most of my upper and lower teeth just hung by small threads of tissue.  I could not eat solid food and lived for months on soup and liquids only.  We were too poor to afford any medical care so I never told our parents about my suffering.  After some time, maybe a year or so, my gums somehow started to grow back and my teeth slowly took root again.  Eventually I was able to bite and chew again and eat whatever I wanted.
I absolutely did NOT recognize the magnitude of this miracle, but FULLY realize now it was only through the Grace and Mercy of Heavenly Father and Jesus that I survived, much less actually regained tooth and mouth functionality.  I was not obeying most of God's laws at the time and certainly did not deserve such Mercy but I give Holy Thanks now as I slowly begin to realize how NONE of we humans could survive ANY amount of time on this planet without the support and blessings and miracles from Heaven in our behalf.
For now, Adieu.  A blessed New Year to all.  We certainly NEED one.  Praises to Heavenly Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, and all the angels and hosts who serve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment