Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wimpy Wednesday

The Tracker Seemed to Work Fine Today
I called this Wimpy Wednesday because I poked along without a great deal of git-up-and-go today.
Since the tracker stopped tracking during the last third of my 11-mile noon ride yesterday, I wanted to try it again today to see if it was a temporary lapse or if something else was wrong with the electronics.  It seems to have done just fine today.  I started carrying a 7 Amp-Hour Gel Cell Sealed Lead-Acid battery in the rear pannier as a backup.... it only adds about 5 or 6 pounds to the heavy lunk of stuff I always carry.  Mercy.  I don't notice it much riding the bike but I sure notice the load on my arm when I'm carrying the pannier between house and car and car and bike etc.
The recent rains have not produced much in the way of moisture but they surely have helped clear the smoke from the air.  It is great to ride and breathe deeply and realize the air doesn't crinkle the nose or make the back of the throat burn.

Afternoon:  It was cloudy and threatening all afternoon.  Methought I would surely get at least a little wet on the ride home, but though it was cloudy, no such luck.  The repaired battery was not charged since last night so I guess it's again working fine.
Starting BG:  68                           Post-Ride BG: 109
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.8         Ending Voltage:  12.1
Evening Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles:  7.43
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
08.4  Mph                          09.6 mph             19.5 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
52:57 mins                          46:37 mins           06:20 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment