Friday, July 29, 2011

32-Mile Friday, Getting to be a Habit?

Bicycle Tracker worked better today

Jacque and I, as ex-single adults, have been invited to a Singles Dance tonight as honored escapees of the Singles Program.  They like to call us "Alumni" but we prefer the term "Escapees".  We loved and enjoyed the singles for the several years we WERE single as well as the years we worked WITH singles after we got married.  But we're very happy to not be singles any more.  We're also happy to go dance with them tonight and see who-all we still know.
Given that, I again decided to ride the recumbent from home to work and have the lovely Jacque pick me up after work from whence we will go to the Sage Street meetinghouse for the Singles Dance.
I again ran very low on blood sugar for the end of the ride this morning, though I didn't notice it as much.  One of my co-workers (Alex A) who also bike-commutes caught up with me on the trail and rode with me the last 3 or 4 miles, very pleasant riding.  It was so cloudy this morning I didn't put any sun-block on, figuring if the sun came out I would stop and slather it on.  But it stayed very dark and cloudy and pleasantly cool all during the ride.  I also noticed another cyclist coming up behind me as I turned north on Pennsylvania this morning, who turned out to be another ham radio nutcase (like me) who enjoys talking on his ham radio while commuting to work (Phil, W5PWB)
Awakening BG:  114                           Post-Ride BG: 41
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7         Ending Voltage: 12.5


Morning Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles: 31.77
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
11.6.  Mph                          13.4 mph             38.3 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
2 hours 44 mins               2 hours 22 mins         21.44 mins

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer,
    it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete