Thursday, November 10, 2011

BRRrrrr. Is Winter going to last much longer?

Thursday Bicycle Tracking
The upcoming weekend is supposed to be much warmer than most of this previous week, but I'm already tired of winter and it's just barely gotten started.  Riding the bike doesn't chill me as much as just going out on the deck or across the yard to get a load of firewood.  It's been BITTER feeling, even though the temps have not yet sunk much, if any, below 20 degrees.
Today's temperatures seem almost the same as yesterday's, but it seemed to be mucho colder - to me.
I tried a different layer this morning:  Instead of a cotton Tee shirt on top of my turtlenec, I wore a knitted sweater/vest Jacque made for me last winter.  My arms always get so overheated I thought perhaps the sleeveless sweater would not only allow my arms to remain cooler but also keep my core warmer.... and, since it;'s wool, drier as I work up a sweat (that is, perspiration, for my more sensitive readers)and hopefully it will wick away the moisture and keep me warmer even if it does get a bit smoggy in there.  So far I'm happy with it.
I'm also not the only lunatick on a bike in this weather.... the cycling traffic has fallen off noticeably with the cold weather, but only about by half.   I probably still encounter at least a dozen other cyclists daily, and that's only in my relatively short 7.5 mile commute.
Pre-Ride BG: 172   --  BG when arrived at Work: 144
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7                Ending Voltage: 12.7 (Gel Cell battery pack, charged last night)
Beginning Temperature: 44 F (in ABQ)     Ending Temperature: 63 F
Morning Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 7.45
Overall average speed                    Moving Avg                       Max Speed
9.1 Mph                                         10.4 mph                             19.2 mph
Total Trip time                               Moving Time                      Stopped Time
48 mins 59 secs                             43 mins 9 secs                    5 mins 50 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment