Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally: Frigid Friday

Following Frigid Friday Fatalistically

I need to stop complaining about the cold.  Every time I do, it gets even colder.
This morning the weather guessers claimed it was warmer than the last couple of days which have been FRIGID.
Fine and Dandy, but it seemed COLDER to me on the bike.  It may be the humidity was higher, and tugging the chill factor along with it, but I was not overly warm unitl well into the last third of my commute this morning.
I've noticed my reported temperatures on the back of the bike have looked  almost summerish... I connected the spare pouch-mounted  GPS to the output of the Argent APRS board, and it appears the additional +5 VDC load on the internal regulator heats up the other parts on the interface board.  How else to avccount for an 81 degree reading yesterday evening when it was barely above freezing?
Pre-Ride BG:  79   --  BG when arrived at Work: 54
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.4                Ending Voltage: 12.3 (Gel Cell battery pack, not charged last night)
Beginning Temperature: 51 F (Bogus!) (in ABQ)     Ending Temperature: 66 F
Morning Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 7.44
Overall average speed                    Moving Avg                       Max Speed
8.3 Mph                                         10.0 mph                             20.7 mph
Total Trip time                               Moving Time                      Stopped Time
53 mins 32 secs                             44 mins 52 secs                    8 mins 40 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment