Friday, November 4, 2011

Low and Slow

Today's Cool Ride
My blood glucose was high (194) this morning when I arose.  I pumped the recommended amount and went about getting ready for the day.  I SHOULD have checked it again just before I left for work.  Within a few miles from my cycling-start of the last 7.5 commute miles I felt like I had particularly low strength.  I experienced  similar sensations yesterday and assumed it must be the unaccustomed cold temperatures.  I thought about stopping and eating a snack "Just in Case" but didn't, since my blood glucose has been running high the last couple of days.  I finally stopped just outside Balloon Fiesta Park and drank a couple of snorts of my lemon-lime sugar water.I couldn't drink much of it since it was COLD from the wind while riding.  It seemed to help a bit, though, and I got to work and found my BG was 59.  Not good for trying to exert effort in any fashion.
It's late in the afternoon now, quitting time, and I did a quick BG test and found it to be 114... much too low still to take off on the bike.  Good thing I checked it so I'd realize I needed to eat my PB & Honey sandwich snack before I take off.
Pre-Ride BG: 182                          BG when arrived at Work:    59
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.3       Ending Voltage: 12.2   (Gel Cell battery pack,  not charged last night)
Beginning Temperature:  48 F (in ABQ)        Ending Temperature:  52 F
Morning Stats from the GPS:        Total Miles:    7.39
Overall average speed         Moving Avg           Max Speed
8.7 Mph                              10.0 mph               19.8 mph
Total Trip time                    Moving Time          Stopped Time
50 mins 59 secs                  44 mins 19 secs     06 mins 41 secs



No comments:

Post a Comment