Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Winter's Cancelled Due to Lack of Interest: It's Fall Again

Today's APRS/GPS Route.
This morning I rode with hand-warmers toasting inside my mittens on the way to work.  It actually seemed a bit warmer than yesterday:  I didn't wear the ski mask but it still felt great to have the pinkies a bit warmer.
I've had trouble getting my blood glucose down the last 48 hours.  I had just changed infusion sites and the BG has been off the chart since.   I closely inspected my new infusion this morning and saw it was bruised and bloody;  a bad sign.  I pulled it out, cleaned it up, and reinserted it elsewhere on my belly.  It now seems to be working, but only slightly., as seen in the readings today.  I'm having to pump extra and with very weak results and nasty high bg readings
Tonight, as the leaving time approached, I looked out the work windows and was alarmed to see dark clouds gathering.  I rushed to leave before it started raining and was mildly surprised to find the weather absolutely balmy outside in spite of the clouds.  It turned out to be a lovely ride back to the car.
BG before ride home:  159   BG after getting home, before dinner: 255 - which resulted in NO dinner.
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.5       Ending Voltage: 11.9   
Beginning Temperature:  69 F        Ending Temperature:  77 F
 Evening stats from the GPS:    Total Distance Miles:  7.41
Overall average speed     Moving Avg      Max Speed
10.6  Mph                           11.6 mph            23.4 mph
Total Trip time                Moving Time     Stopped Time
  42:00 mins                       38.25 mins          03:35 mins


No comments:

Post a Comment