Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Restful Days Off

Tuesday's Track

Hmmm..  Getting lazy about keeping up the blog, I suppose.  I haven't yet missed a workday of comuting by bike, but have had limited time available to mess with the blog.   Which is just as well since nothing of interest has transpired.  Even most of the pretty women that enliven the boring scenery have dropped out doubtlessly due to the colder weather, though there are still several hardcore gals still riding with snow-bunny suits similar to mine:  Lots of layers, face masks, and fat gloves making it difficult to know whether the passer-by is eye candy or otherwise unless they say "HI" in passing which is USUALLY an accurate indication of their gender.
I'm getting tired of taking the extra time required to mount and dismount my GPS/Radio stuff on the handlebars morning and night. Since my APRS tracker is an inexpensive but well hidden package inside part of the seat (and is left on the bike day in and day out, powering on only when I mount the rear pannier and connect the PowerPole battery plug), and I rarely, if ever, actually use the sexy Garmin 350 GPS on the handlebars, I've decided to mount a less expensive and less attractive (theft-wise) ham radio walky-squawky on the handlebars and just leave it there,. with some sort of weather protector perhaps as complex as a plastic sandwich baggie to put over it in inclement weather.  Will include photos, I promise, I'm sure the world is anxiously awaiting this achievement of engineering.
As for today, tomorrow, and Friday, well, I have taken them off work as vacation days in hopes I can get Jacque's new sewing room finished.  I'm sure  I'll be so stiff and sore by tonight I'll be wishing I was riding the bike in my wooley itchey underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment