Monday, August 13, 2018

Another Week in Paradise

Today's Enhanced Tracking due to Cloud Inversion

Saddled up the Catrike Recumbent this morning for a repetitive ride this morning.  If I go more than a couple days without riding I tend to go a week or so without riding and then BOOM.  I'm not riding regularly and outa shape.  It takes weeks to build up the stamina and legs the least bit and only a few days of loafing to lose it all.  At least that's the way it seems.
The weather seems to be cooling ever so slightly here in Tennessee.  We're able to turn off the air conditioners at night and open the windows for some cool (relatively) outside air, sleep with the ceiling fan spinning overhead, and make it a half hour or so in the morning before cranking up the A/C units again.  The temperatures are not as difficult to deal with as the humidity is.  Often the humidity seems higher than the temperature.
I gained another road shoulder treasure today:  A perfect dog leash, strung out on the side of the road.  I was thinking maybe I should try to support our RV habit by picking up such finds along the roadway and selling them at flea markets.  HAH.
My tracker seemed to work better than usual this morning, but my voice radio did not.  It refused to transmit.  I rode along listening to other hams chatting without interrupting them with my normally silly comments.
When i got back to the RV, Jacque suggested taking a short road trip down just south of the nearby GA/TN border on the highway to Dalton, to see the Joseph Standing Memorial.
Joseph Standing was a missionary who was murdered by a mob at this memorial's location in 1879. 
The memorial is a small but very nice quarter-acre or so in a heavily wooded area near Tunnel Hill Georgia.  We spent a couple hours there poking around and ate our picnic sandwiches at the concrete tables.  A very nice day trip.   When we got back later in the afternoon I was able to find the broken connection in my trike radio wiring and re-solder it so now I can shoot my mouth off over the radio again.

No comments:

Post a Comment