Monday, August 6, 2018

Fellow Trikers UNITE

Today's Tracking

Today I desired to just get in about 5 miles with which to begin my week.  It rains every day or so out here in the Tennessee  Smokies and this morning was clear.  The temperature was a very livable 70-something and the humidity, as usual, felt thicker than the  temperature.  But it's not too bad out riding, generating a bit of wind in the face so to speak.
I had not gone more than a couple miles when a gray minivan pulled over and stopped just ahead of me.  The driver got out and walked back towards me and said aloud "Got a Question for you."
He turned out to be a Terratrike owner/operator, another vet (Iraqi Freedom or Desert Storm) much younger than I.  Having seen few other trikers in this, his home area, he asked all the questions such as how do you like the Catrike, how far do you ride, what is all that electronic junk on your trike, etc.
Not only was he a fellow Army vet of another generation, he also was a fellow  diabetic, using his trike for similar reasons to mine:  Enjoyment, Exercise, and Elimination of Excess Blood Sugar.
We visited for a while, exchanged phone numbers, and went on our ways.  He is still young enough to work for a living and me... the only work I do nowadays is for free.  We agreed to try to set up a joint ride sometime soon so we can ride together and swap a few more lies.
I'm beginning to think I like Tennesseeans.  Again I got several friendly honks today from semi trucks and passenger cars alike.

Ride Started: 7:15 AM    Ride Ended:  9:24 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   12.7 Ending Voltage: 12.7  Lowest:  12.7
Beginning Blood Glucose:  119     Ending BG: 126  
(No breakfast;  insulin pump basal rate cut back to 80% for the ride)
Lowest Temp  72 F      Highest Temp: 72 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  11.48 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  

8.0 MPH                                 9.6 MPH                     18.1 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
1 hour 26 mins                       1 hour 11 mins            15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment