Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Wonky Wednesday

Today's HiPo Tracking via GPS and Ham Radio

Since it was not yet raining for once this morning, I got to ride with cool cloud cover but without getting drenched.... or even dampish.
For whatever reason, the radios were working fine today, as can be seen in the intro link.
I was surprised to find the lost tailgate still leaning up on the guard rail today.  I half expected someone to decide to see what it would bring for scrap metal.  Chalk another one up for honest Tennesseeans.
It was 72 degrees when I got up this morning, and relatively dry humidity wise.  A welcome change from Monday and Tuesday's stifling humidity.
My recent rides would be boring, the same route day after day, were it not for the various people I encounter, whether in person from a car pulling over to talk, the friendly waves and Beep-Beeps from passing drivers, and the occasional squealing of passing teens either trying to be friendly or trying to spook me.  Sometimes it's hard to tell.  I tell myself they're friendly and smile and wave and keep on pedaling.
The guys I talk to on the ham radio are an interesting bunch as well.  Today, as often is the case, a couple of ham radio operators kept me yakking so much that I was surprised to find myself at the end of my 10 mile out-'n-back in no time at all.  Just riding along without talking or interacting with anyone, the ride seems much longer than when swapping lies with someone either on the radio or riding alongside me.  Much easier to find guys to ride along on the radio than to ride along with me up close and personal on the road.  Today was no exception, with Dano and Jerry gabbing it up with me on the ham radio 2 meter rig.  I wish I could remember their call signs, but so far their names are all I can come up with.  I've actually talked to both of them a couple times before, but still haven't memorized their ham calls.  A brain is a horrible thing to waste.....

Ride Started:  8:49 AM    Ride Ended:  10:13 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   
12.9 Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.2
Beginning Blood Glucose:  123     Ending BG: 249  
(No breakfast before riding;  ate handful of trail mix while riding,  insulin pump basal rate set to 100% for the ride)
Lowest Temp  67 F      Highest Temp: 75 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  11.51
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
8.2 MPH                                 8.5 MPH                     17.3 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
1 hour 23 mins                       1 hour 21 mins            3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment