Friday, August 31, 2018

Three More Weeks in Tennessee

Today's Tracking Up and Down TN-27

Since Jacque finally received her frozen shoulder surgery, we have looked forward to leaving Tennessee for drier climes....
But her Doc informed her this week that he insists on seeing her one more time, and that date is set for 20 September.  So in three weeks hopefully we'll be on the RV road again.
Jacque is again motivated, and rode even farther today than she did yesterday, for a likely total of 7-8 miles.  Me, I just rode my standard 11-ish miles with no disasters to report.
I've mentioned in past posts about me throwing truck tire chunks off the roadway and shoulder.
Before we even left to go riding this morning, we were shocked to hear a sudden earth-shaking BOOM! on the roadway going by our RV park.  I was not far from the road, being out for a trash walk, and at first with all the crashing and loud racket going on, that there was a wreck in progress.  I got out for a full view of the roadway and the semi tractor and trailer were still screaming past, with large tire chunks flying this way and that.  I assumed the trucker would stop and assess the damage but he didn't even seem to slow down.  NO WAY he could have missed that explosion when his tire blew up.
One thing we DID encounter while riding is a couple of joggers, either hubby and wife or daddy and daughter.  We passed them heading south while they were jogging north on the same side of the highway, and I caught up to them again just south of Spring City on my way back.  The guy looked about my age, and was still jogging after several miles.  Impressive.  Always somebody gotta show me up....
After the trike riding, I went out on foot and cleaned up the tire chunks still scattered along 100 yards of TN-68 in front of the RV park.  I don't bike this road but I don't like driving over such junk any more in the SUV than I do riding a bike.

Ride Started:  9:10 AM    Ride Ended:  10:34 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   12.7 Ending Voltage: 12.7  Lowest:  12.7
Beginning Blood Glucose:  91     Ending BG: 133  
(Ate 1 cornbread piece before riding;   insulin pump basal rate left  at 100% for the ride)
Lowest Temp  75 F      Highest Temp: 78 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  11.49
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
8.2 MPH                                  8.8 MPH                     18.1 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
1 hour 24 mins                       1 hour 18 mins            5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment