Monday, April 15, 2019

Playing in Traffic

GPS Tracking via APRS (Ham Radio linking)

Today's trike ride wasn't complicated.  I just rode my usual route..... backward.  Not facing backward, of course, but going the reverse to my usual pattern.  The "playing in traffic" title comes from the timing of the ride..... right around 5:00-ish, when even sleepy Mountain Grove experiences a lot of going-home traffic.  We're learning that many if not most of the gainfully employed commute to Springfield and other areas with more job availability.  That, plus my usual crossing spot for getting across Highway 95 is right at the exit leading into McDonald's parking lot.
It always seems like a long wait, even though it was probably only 5 minutes or so  before a large enough opening occurred for me to get safely across.
I had to stop several times, as usual, to rest the feet and massage them.  I hate to say it out loud, but my feet seem to be slowly getting better and less painful.  Maybe there's hope yet for this old geezer.
On the return leg, as I approached the railroad crossing on Wall Street (Yes, Mountain Grove has a "Wall'' street), the bells started ringing and the barrier arms started down and I had to wait for the oncoming train to pass.
First in Line Waiting for the Train

End of Train- No Caboose!


Thankfully this particular choo-choo was not a mile long and only had us waiting a few minutes before passing and allowing the cross-arms to elevate and open up the road again.  In a few more minutes I was home soaking my feet again.

Ride Started:  4:48 PM        Ride Ended:  6:17 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  12.3
Beginning Blood Glucose:  206     Ending BG:  91
Lowest Temp:  64 F    Highest Temp:  72 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  5.08

Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   3.8   MPH                           5.9   MPH            25.5 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
1 hour 19 mins                     51 minutes           28 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment