Monday, April 1, 2019

AND.. a Run to the Bank

Today's Track via GPS and Ham Radio

I'm trying to get all situated here in Misery, er that is, Missouri. 
(NO, thankfully we are NOT being flooded, we're on the other side of the state from the rapidly-flooding Missouri River.)
Last week I took the '97 Exploder to an inspection station to fulfill the requirements for registering here.  They failed it because of a small crack across the upper left corner of the windshield.  This windshield had ALREADY been replaced around 2 years ago in Albuquerque, and this crack appeared a few weeks later, while still under warranty.  I dragged my feet getting the windshield replaced again, and managed to wait long enough for the warranty to expire.  SO I'm scheduled for a mobile windshield installer to appear sometime tomorrow, and to make sure I could pay him no matter what type of payment he requires, I rode across the tracks and around the block to our local cash-dispenser pedestal.  The bank tellers at the nearby window always get  a chuckle when I roll up on the trike and dismount to work the keypad.
I had to struggle with the password, and I finally realized it was either MOYB or ICYMI.
Hopefully the greenbacks I got using one of those passwords are legit.  Then, since the day was still beautiful and the sun was out and the temp was above 50 degrees, I rode my loop around Mountain Grove.... backwards.
This late in the day, I of course had to wait a while to get across I-95, but it gave my tired feet a bit of a break.  Which perhaps forestalled at least one of the several stops to massage the footsies.
I turned into one intersection too sharply, and my left fender rubbed against the frame, causing too much pressure against the tire, causing the fender's mount to pop out.  These Catrike fenders are held in by a rather floppy method:  A rubber grommet crushed with a single bolt/nut combination mounted in the upper kingpin hole:

I shouldn't complain, since they've lasted without such an incident for almost a years worth of riding up hill and around dale.
I didn't have the proper 1/2" wrench in my bike-pannier-tool-bag, so I had to make do with my Gerber  multitool, which took  a while.  Finally I got it re-mounted and was again on my way.
It didn't rain on me, and it didn't get too hot or too cold, so I'm the happy triker.

Ride Started:  3:17 PM        Ride Ended:  4:30 PM
Beginning Blood Glucose:  94 Ending BG:  107
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  5.40
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   4.5   MPH                           6.3   MPH            24.1 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
1 hour 11 mins                    52 
minutes           20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment