Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Ah One, And Ah Two

Jim's GPS Track Today

Today's Tandem Tracking to the Senior Center

Today's thrilling adventures include my morning trip to the Chiropractor and the subsequent tandem trip with Jacque for lunch at the Senior Center.... again.
With my elderly back problems, that seem to aggravate the elderly feet problems,, I have been getting "adjustments" every 2 or 3 weeks.  I'm not sure how much it helps everything but I do feel a bit more "spry" after getting banged around in the office.  When I gt home Jacque mentioned she had spotted "Taco Plates" on the menu today at the Senior Center.  I told her I was willing to go, if we could take the Tandem Terratrike for transportation, to which she readily agreed.

Both trips were short and sweet, but of course still fun.
A sad note from my marathon 11-miler yesterday..... evidently somewhere along the way I lost a set of keys out of one of my side pockets. A more intelligent fellow would have learned by now not to keep keys in side pockets while sitting back riding a recumbent.... since this was not the first time it's happened.
Anyway, later this afternoon I DROVE over to Ace Hardware to get a replacement set of keys cut.  When I was paying the nice lady at the checkout, she asked "Are you the ones we see riding that tandem trike around town??"  I had to admit guilt.
Between trike rides yesterday morning and early this morning, we had a severe storm front rip through our area.  Several tornadoes were reported.  We had no damage in our immediate area but about 15 miles to the northwest, Hartville (our county seat) suffered tornado touchdowns.  A semi truck and trailer was blown over on the highway and the local grocery store in Hartville was destroyed.    Our old house was built in 1926 and has not yet suffered tornado damage, though high winds have already brought down one of our trees.  Hopefully it can make a few dozen more years without direct tornado contact.  As of this posting, severe tornado warnings are blaring on the TV for areas 50-60 miles NW of here.  We might spend time in the basement before the night is over.

Ride Started:  9:26 AM        Ride Ended:  12:30 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  12.8
Beginning Blood Glucose:  188     Ending BG: 143
Lowest Temp:  61 F    Highest Temp:  82 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  4.41

Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   3.9   MPH                           5.2  MPH            17.8 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 3 hours 4 mins                  1 hour                 
  1 hour  55 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment