Thursday, May 23, 2019

Too Hot to Plow?

It got over 87 degrees at the house this afternoon but I was feeling froggy so I saddled up the trike for a ride. 
I was shocked only a couple blocks from our house to see tree damage left over from my birthday evening tornado swarm.  This greeted me as I turned on to Clouse Street:
A Y-shaped tall tree stump

Part of tree lying across the street

Remaining Tree Damage across Clouse St.

After popping these pics  I'd only gone about one easy mile when my feet overheated and I began losing interest in breaking any distance records today.  After a short foot massage I took a short loop back to the house with its wonderful shade and air conditioning.
Rather than keep pushing and enduring additional pain, I wimped out.  My feet are doing much better but some days are better than others....

Ride Started:  3:13 AM        Ride Ended:  3:44 PM

Beginning Blood Glucose:  188     Ending BG: 143
Lowest Temp:  81 F    Highest Temp:  86 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  2.22

Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   4.3   MPH                           6.6  MPH            19.6 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 31 minutes                         20 minutes         
10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment