Friday, May 31, 2019

Feet Better, God is Great

Today's GPS/Ham Radio Tracking

Being overdue for a trike ride (almost 24 hours now!), I saddled up and took to the streets and byways earlier in the day in hopes of beating the soon-to-be-summer heat.

'Twas a beautiful day, and I hoped to get in about 10 miles, but made around the 8 mile mark.
Cruising around this area is very pleasant, with very light traffic on the back roads, but crossing main streets in the middle of town can occasionally be daunting.  I had to wait close to 5 minutes at a couple of intersections when I got back to Mountain Grove, but that's really nothing to complain about.
Speaking of complaining, I surely am losing some of my main complaints:  My feet, so sore for months after overdoing it moving here from NM, are slowly getting better and stronger.  I had to stop a couple times during this ride for a shade-and-massage break for the tired feet, but when I got back to the house I was pleasantly shocked to notice that I had very little pain or soreness in my feet and legs.  Normally after riding, they are hot and sore and take half an hour or more to cool off, but not this morning.  Heavenly Father most certainly has been answering my prayers for relief.  Maybe I can actually get some useful work done soon...
Another thing also mildly surprised me.  My blood glucose was 160 before I started riding.  I snarfed a couple of cookies at 15 grams of carbs each, assuming I would burn the carbs off during the ride without applying more insulin.  I obviously miscalculated, since the ending blood glucose was a bit higher than desired.  Oh Well....

Ride Started:  8:22 AM      Ride Ended:  10:01 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9 Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:    160     Ending BG: 185
Lowest Temp:  61 F    Highest Temp:  78 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  8.64

Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   5.2   MPH                           6.1  MPH            19.6 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 1 hour 39 mins                  1 hour 25
 mins      14 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment